Innovation Studio is a resource for the RCS community that supports: Creative Experimentation; Collaboration; and Interdisciplinary Work.
It is currently in a pilot phase, which began in March 2022 and will run until March 2024.
Funding for projects led by RCS community members is viewed fundamentally as an investment in the person/the people leading the project as well as their developing idea.
The Studio is coordinated by the Research & Knowledge Exchange team and assisted by Innovators in residence and a team of industry specialists. The Studio is supported by the Scottish Funding Council. University Innovation Fund (UIF).
The aims of Innovation Studio are:
- To unlock the innovation and engagement potential of our Conservatoire community and extend the scope of our artistic work into new contexts and sectors.
- To leverage new projects, partners and sources of funding.
- To facilitate new strands of innovative artistic research.
- To establish a dynamic creative support service with ambitious long-term goals post pilot phase.
- To develop an imaginative Engagement Strategy which sits at the heart of the Conservatoire’s work post pilot phase.
- To strengthen our role as a National Conservatoire and set ambitious goals for our contribution to society in areas such as Place-Making, Environmental Sustainability and Health and Well-Being.
Innovation Studio Team
Knowledge Exchange Manager & Innovation Studio Lead
Deborah sets the strategic vision for Innovation Studio and oversees the delivery of the pilot programme. She works closely with RCS Senior Management, funding bodies, donors, and external partners.
Knowledge Exchange Development Officer
Stephanie leads on engagement within the Innovation Studio and coordinates the commissions and community building.
Knowledge Exchange Administrative Assistant
Gallia coordinates the programme activities, events and communications.
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to keep informed about Innovation Studio.